Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Wednesday 16 July 2014

New Mown Hay

We have three meadows on my property and for the past couple of weeks I have not been able to go for walks in them. The grass gets so high in June/July that I can't see where I am going and Mom gets all worried because she can't see Me ...I am a little on the deaf side you know due to my mature status so that makes it even scarier for Mom. On the other hand Me and DOD walk through the meadows no matter what and everything is fine, we just don't tell Mom.

Anyway, Jacques from Campbell Farm cut our hay yesterday. Oh what a beautiful smell! Oh how perfect for rolling! Oh how many little critters hiding in the hay! A sunny day and new mown hay....this is the stuff of poetry never mind that bread and jug of wine stuff. I don't run as fast as I used to but I do walk sedately up to the piles of grass and then I go mad and burrow in them, I fling the grass around... and then I roll and dance like no one is watching.....aahh, life is good.

In a couple of days Jacques will come back with a big machines and scoop up the grass and the machine will turn it into big lumps. Then they will take the lumps of grass away to feed to animals in the winter ..... my Hay time is very short.

So I am off this morning to do my thing.....to play in the hay while the sun shines. I wish you could come with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment