Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Monday 4 June 2012

Fosty Friday in June

So we sat on the rocks by the pond and we thought and thought....Nothing. We started to shiver and our teeth started chattering in our heads...no plan...Nothing! Just when we thought hypothermia was about to set in Margaret said ' Robbie, we have to move or we are all going to freeze to death here'. She was right of course. I gave the order to move (leaders always give the orders) and up we jumped up and started to dance around the pond...faster ...and faster...until we were a blur of Dogs, Margarets and Dragons....what fun. We yelped and snorted and sang as we raced faster and faster.......And then we stopped!

Our world had turned white while we were dancing around. The trees were laden with snow and nogarD's pond was frozen solid....what the heck was going on...how could this be? I mean isn't it Spring...almost Summer? It was already getting dark and it was only 4.00pm...the woods were silent and the moon shone white and ghostlike through the trees.

Lacey started to howl.

Not knowing what else to do we began to trudge through the snow toward My house. nogarD said he was coming with us, he couldn't get into his house and he said he was scared....we were scared too! Everything had changed ...Dear Reader, I know this place like the back of my paw....I come here almost every day...but it was strange and eerie. 

I was lost!

Where, oh where are we Hurley's Angels????


5 comments:

  1. Winter Cove? Scarey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be Winter Cove...I am just not sure where we are and it is scary!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUSTY: This is such a frightening way for our adventure to begin, Robbie. *rubs paws together, trying to warm up* HURLEY: I'm cold and scared and actually worried about Witchatookasumma, I think something is terribly wrong. *so concerned, temporarily stops thinking about food* DUSTY: Margaret, would you like me to walk beside you and help you keep warm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurley, you have NEVER stopped thinking about food on any of our adventures....I hope this is not traumatic for you. I will try to get professional help for you when it is over! Dusty, you are such a gentleman.

      Delete