Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Sunday 12 February 2012

Trains

Freight trains go past my Tubac house quite often, I can't see them, I think they are on the other side of the Santa Cruz River,  but I can hear their whistles blow....one, two, three times as they pass by.  I like that lonesome whistle sound it speaks to me of swaying along in a caboose ...(or maybe the dining car)....going through fields and mountains passes, past fast rivers and frozen lakes, farms with cattle and horses and deep, dark pine forests. The trains sound especially close at night when the house is quiet and I lay in my bed and imagine that I am going to jump the rails (that is Hobo talk for getting on the train without a ticket) one day and be a Hobo dog. You know what? I think I should do it!!!   I will invite my Gang to come along with me...Margaret are you up for an adventure? Tansy? Dusty? Hurley? Red?  Does anyone mind if I bring my sister Lacey along?

I have to break the news that I may be gone a long time to Mom and DOD, I know they will understand after all I am a mature Dog......

4 comments:

  1. DUSTY: Count me in, Robbie! I'm ready for another great adventure with the Gang! HURLEY: *grabs bandana, fills with Milkbones, ties knot, hangs off a stick" I'm ready, Robbie! Woof-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUSTY: Oh, in the excitement, we forgot to say "of course, bring Lacey"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited and Lacey is super happy Dear Friends ...of course she is a baby sister and she may be a pain in the 'you-know-what!
    I sure hope Margaret can join us...she just had a pace-maker inserted but I bet she will be game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret and Tansy are 'IN" ! Red is super happy to join us....We are ready to begin!

    ReplyDelete