Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Return to the Vet

The good news is my paw is just fine! the bad news is my teeth are deteriorating rapidly...Mom will have  to brush my teeth every day...this is after dental surgery 4 months ago. That young whipper-snapper of a Vet referred to me as a 'Senior' rather than 'Mature'. Lacey's ears are not good...her eyes may need re-doing and she is over-weight ...and probably has allergies!  All this cost hundreds of dollars after we had vaccinations for kennel cough and God-only-knows-what-else, to keep us healthy. Mom and DOD's eyes glazed over and they were sort of quiet on the way home.

I don't mind the toothbrush and the toothpaste tastes of chicken. My heart is good, as is Lacey's...our temperatures were just fine. We shared the  Vet's office with a human whose dogs had tried to kill each other ...the dogs had punctures and staples and stitches everywhere. How lucky Mom and DOD are that Me and Lacy love each other! And they were so proud of our behaviour with the Vet.....

Yes, today was a very good day...it was only money!



5 comments:

  1. Yes Robbie it was a good day in some ways but I hate to think of Lacey having to have further eye surgery . Tansy says she has lots of sympathy with Lacey about being overweight and having ear trouble, she Knows all about that, she says its up to you and Lacey and mom to work on it like we tried to do........!!! { I have a theory that I was doing most of the trying } We are still trying to work on a shared weight problem , Good luck Lacey ..... Good to hear that your paw is well healed Robbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smile at it being you who has to do most of the trying when it comes to weight loss. I think if only Lacey will stop eating MY food as well as her own he will be fine. I am the same weight I was as a PUP (just sayin).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is where you will have to help Lacey, dear Robbie, you must eat your food before Lacey can get to it.. Tansy goes begging at the neighbours and cries piteously when we are visiting unless she gets a taste of biscuit or whatever and I usually have to give in or be frowned upon as a cruel dog-owner.. Little madam.....!!! I make no comment on your bit of bragging Robbie...! I did tell Tansy but she just looked bored , she thinks she's just fine as she is and I"m the one who gets told off by the Vet. I thinkI am a bit grumpy Robbie, sorry, God bless, sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being Grumpy is allowed on my blog....I have those days myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DUSTY: Glad you and Lacey are doing well after the visit to the Vet, Robbie. HURLEY: Scribe says she watches dollar bills sprout wings and fly out of her bank account when we go to the vet, too. I agree with you, it's only money.

    ReplyDelete