Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Saturday 21 January 2012

Discrimination

So Mom went ahead and phoned the Groomers this morning ...against all of my wishes ...and those of my supporters who tell me I look very macho the way I am! However, to try to keep on my good side Mom said that Lacey could go with me.....I mean we have had that girl for over 5 months and she has NEVER had a bath. But when Mom booked the appointment the woman said they would not take a Shar Pei!!!  Can you imagine?? She had never even seen my sweet natured little Lacey....the woman didn't ask if Lacey was mean or a biter .....NO, she just said they would not let a Shar Pei come with me for a Spa day!

Lacey was hurt (as you can imagine) and so was I on her behalf. What sort if discrimination is this? I have known some Cocker Spaniels that were absolutely vicious and my elder Brother Charles once had a Yorkie that terrorized the neighbourhood.

Stereotyping people or dogs is not good, I told Mom we should boycott the place. As a a mature dog of liberal and tolerant principles I am offended by their attitude.

I have an appointment for Monday morning....They may never accept another Westie!!!


2 comments:

  1. Tansy and I are right with you Robbie, they should be boycotted , those discriminating groomers, however they are probably the only show in town so they can do pretty much as they please.GGggRRrr. Discrimination can never be correct Robbie but maybe they see it as self protection if they were bitten by a Shar-Pei .Also Robbie dear you need bathing once in a while to avoid skin problems, like Tansy, I bet but we don't talk about it.......... and Robbie haven't you noticed, Lacey has a short fur coat, it doesn't need grooming like your beautiful white shag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Margaret, my lovely white shag is currently a desert beige colour...it is my short legs that I blame for my dirty coat...I mean when you are only four and a half inches off the ground you tend to attract all the muck in the area to your under-sides.

    ReplyDelete