Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Monday 26 December 2011

Our Christmas

We had a nice Christmas day....Mom and DOD opened their presents and oohed and ahhed... so we knew things were good. Me and Lacy got a couple of treats and that was it! I was a bit disappointed having had my heart set on a inter-active, vibrating Javelina toy and Lacey had asked for a squeaky fur Coyote collar...but we sucked it up as Mom told us she had donated to the homeless instead of buying our toys! I asked her why she had not donated HER present to the homeless and she told me she NEEDED the fluffy pink housecoat that DOD bought her to match her fluffy pink slippers!!!  I had to agree with her as I secretly thought even the homeless would not have wanted it!!


We had a good Boxing Day here in Tubac. It was sunny and warm and we went for a long walk and a drive.
I am now working on my New Years Resolutions. It is difficult when you are perfect to come up with something you need to improve on.....but I am trying to set a good example for Lacey. I will keep working on it......

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that mom is going to be pinkly nice and warm in her dressing gown and slippers when she relaxes.. New year Resolutions are always a challenge Robbie , perhaps we should both be considering whether or not we are really tolerant, I mean look at your comment about the homeless not wanting Mom,s housecoat>>>>>????? Think of ali the grumpy remarks I make about Tansy. I love her to bits, just like you love mom but I think we could both be a bit more tolerant Robbie, I'll try if you will, with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lovely Xmas in town with the rellies, and Inka and Blue were very glad to see me today.The cat has spent 2 days decorating the house with tufts of white fur. We will have visitors from Australia in the next couple of days--hope the dogs behave themselves. As for resolutions, all of us are mulling it over--but for ME, far fewer treats. Not sure the dogs will agree, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm......more tolerant and less treats! I am not sure I am ready for such restraint...but...I will take all suggestions under consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DUSTY: We only got treats, too. HURLEY: Scribe & Pop hid them in the tissue papers on the floor after they opened gifts. It was fun! DUSTY: Scribe said we had enough toys and she donated to a local charity, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think our Mom's are right don't you Dear Hearts? I am willing to give up toys for those who need way more than I.

    ReplyDelete