Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Thursday 13 September 2012

Greyhound

We had a paw circle and made a decision on how we are all going to get to Arizona.  We sang one of our favourite hymns at the close of our deliberations...All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small.....the Lord God made us all (we improvise just a little).

nogarD is going to go with Wozart and Priscinda and get there by magic. Margaret and Tansy and Dusty and Hurley are going by bus... and Me and Lacey are going in the back of Mom and DOD's car. I hate for us to be split up like this but we cannot all fit into the car. and Mom will not let me out of her sight after the bachelor party debacle...I am under back seat arrest until we are safely in Tubac.

Margaret wanted to fly but Tansy said she was not going on the back of any Broom..Ha Ha...that girl is such a comedian! But it is hard to find an airline that will take pets and they are all too big to be under seats in crates (Margaret doesn't have to be crated) ....and with possible delays and all....and no comfort in the baggage hold....going by bus seems the best option.

I booked the four Gang members on a Greyhound bus. Any bus line named after such a fine breed of dog MUST be good for dog traveling. Dusty will sit with Hurley and Tansy with Margaret. Tansy has already spoken for the window seat. It will take the bus three days and DOD and us four days to get to Tubac. We will take the same route as the bus so we can wave at each other through the window but I think the bus drives all night so we may not be in touch for a while.

I think this is a good plan.

4 comments:

  1. How clever of you ,our intrepid leader to come up with a plan that takes all of us to Tubac. For once Robbie I will overlookTansy's oblique remark about broomsticks and your giggles.!!! Are you really in favour of this union ? Tansy is quite sure that LaFlamme is about to exploit norgarD and I am very concerned about living conditions that will suit both of them. We will soldier on at your command and do our best to behave appropriately. Tansy says philosophically that I shall be a wreck by the time we arrive, I often get sick on bus rides , that is why I wanted to fly. Oh me, oh my.1111

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenlivet is the answer for motion sickness Dear Margaret....even if you vomit you will be happier while doing it!

      Delete
  2. Inka and Blue wish they were going, too-but they have responsibilities here at home-keeping me company, being foredogs on construction projects, and guarding the house and garden against intruders. Regrets, though. They think it is an excuse for extra treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are very responsible positions and Inka and Blue are entitled to extra treats and pets. have you checked the labour standards manual for dogs?

      Delete