Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Thursday 15 December 2011

Catching Up

It has been such a long time since I wrote in my Diary. You see, Mom took my laptop with her to Kosovo and DOD wouldn't let me use his. Anyway, we survived Mom being gone for two weeks....Lacey and DOD actually got along quite well after the first couple of days.Life has returned to normal now...Mom is back at home and we are back on schedule.

Mom told people in Prishtina about me and Lacey. They found it hard to believe that a dog can have a Facebook account and a Diary. No-one in Prishtina has a dog for a pet....can you imagine? Mom explained that I am a mature dog and then they understood! The dogs of Prishtina are street dogs and they do not have families. I think it is sort of like the Little Match Girl story that made Mom cry when she was little.... Dogs looking in the window at the families and wishing and hoping.

It is good to be back and sharing with you!

4 comments:

  1. Its good to have your diary back Robbie and to know that your mom is safely back with you,Lacey and DOD. I feel sorry for the dogs who are left outside in Prishtina, like your mom I cried over the story of the Little Match Girl when I was a child, people and animals shut out make me very sad. Do the people in Prishtina have have cats as house pets.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Blue and Inka about this, and it made them sad,too. They know that they are lucky dogs in their forever home, and yet they both get sad and anxious when I go out. They will be at Bonnie's over Christmas-Inka will be fine, but Blue hasn't been there since his other family left him there, and I worry that he will think I am not coming back. Do you think I am silly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom said she did not see any cats as pets but as she stays in a hotel they may well be pets in people's homes.

    I don't think you are silly at all to worry about Blue. Mom was very worried that Lacey would feel abandoned when she was gone for two weeks. Of course she had me, a mature dog who knows the drill, to tell Lacey it was going to be okay. Blue has Inka....she will whisper to him that you always come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about Santa, Robbie--remember the magic. And thank you for reassuring me about Blue--it's only for 2 days, after all.

    ReplyDelete