Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Tuesday 8 November 2011

A Shopping Day

We had to go to Walmart again! I know, I know,...my Mom is turning into a Walmart Queen. It is the closest big store otherwise we have to drive all the way to Tucson...but still. Turkeys were on special Mom told me for 54 cents a pound! I think we should celebrate American Thanksgiving at that price ...don't you?. Anyway, I think we are finished getting kitchen gadgets and stuff like that.....I sure hope so. Not that I get to go in the store...no, Lacey and I have to wait outside in the car until they are finished.

Then we bought DOD his birthday present. A pair of very good headphones so he can listen to TV without making us all crazy. And guess what? Our TV does not have a head-phone jack!!  Mom is so disappointed....I think she will wear them just to muffle the noise!

It was sunny again today but everyone is saying it is unusually cold. This morning there was frost all over the field behind our house...it looked pretty. Lacey kept shaking her paws when she stepped on it just like a cat....

4 comments:

  1. HI Robbie , What was the view like from the carpark at Wallmart?? Sorry to hear about the earphones, but probably not as sorry as mom...!! Sounds as if your weather is much like ours except that you probably have sun while we have clouds and rain !! Remember?? I think you will probably celebrate American Thanksgiving sort of second hand as it takes up the time and imagination of everyone around you. Hard not to get caught up in such enthusiasm. Did mom buy any especially interesting kitchen gadgets ?? I like gadgets that make working in the kitchen easier for me....I hope that Lacey's paws are all warmed up now, Tansy {who is feeling much better to-day } says you must warn Lacey about snow, OH, she just remembered there won't be any snow at Tubac.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hearts, It apparently snows here regularly....I have been tricked!
    Mom got the usual ladles and spoons and graters...you know, stuff like that. She made a smokey lentil soup for dinner with hot bread and butter. Lacey and I gave it a 'thumbs up'!
    Me and Lacey are very happy that Tansy is feeling better. I have a bit of a sore paw myself and I am laid on the sofa lapping up attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JustAnotherTrnd
    DUSTY: DOD needs a pair of those wireless headphones, Robbie. Pop wants Scribe to get a pair for him.
    HURLEY: If she finds a good pair, we'll let your Mom know where and how well they work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got DOD a pair for his b'day tomorrow...but our TV does not have a headphone jack!!! He was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete