Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Wednesday 9 November 2011

No More Evening Strolls

Javelina
DOD took Lacey out for a walk last night. I didn't go with him because I had a sore paw and Mom and I stayed at home,otherwise this may have been a different report..... I mean most animals recognise my hunting ability.  DOD and Lacey had only been gone about five minutes when they burst through the front door, both of them panting like mad!

They had run into the Javelina gang!!!

DOD said there were at least eight Javelina  in the gang and that the big gang leader had mean looking, razor-sharp tusks.  The pigs were staked out just a few yards up the road from our house and heading toward DOD and Lacey! It was like a scene from a movie.....brave lone man and faithful dog up against a vicious and armed street-smart gang. Well faithful Lacey sized up the situation FAST and turned around and raced like a bat out of you-know-what straight for home. DOD was right behind her. They almost tore the garden gate off in their rush to get in and slammed it shut behind them. Safe!

The Gang continued to make rude noises and hung around threatening for a while.... then they slowly plodded down the street to their hide-out (which I sincerely hope will remain hidden. It is not something I would like to stumble across any time of the day or night).

Now that they know where we live Mom thinks it better that we never go out after dark again. Lacey agrees with her. This is wild country.

7 comments:

  1. We think the javelina in the photo looks very smug.And Inka and Blue are feeling smug as well-we can go for walks whenever we want. But it is getting chillier. We found some wild mushrooms today, though--some hedgehogs and chanterelles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Robbie , Tubac sounds like a dangerous place for dog and human alike but also exciting..... Tansy says its too exciting for her.........!!I hope your paw will soon be healed, sore paws are a real handicap for an active dog, what sensible dog Lacey is. Your life is certainly more entertaining than ours, says Tansy just stay safe Robbie......!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...good thing you stayed home Robbie those creatures look prehistoric!! Smart sister I must say! I wouldn't be leaving the couch if I saw a gang of those things lurking around. I bet your Dod can really move when he needs to. He needs a pointy stick! I hope your Mom pours him a big drink at happy hour!
    My Dad and I were out walking today, just the usual silly squirrels around, but I did smell raccoons.
    Keep your eyes open then run like the wind....
    Your bud, Boston Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOD tells us he used to be a sprinter in his youth BJ! I believe him after last night.
    I prefer wild mushrooms to wild pigs Inka and Blue.
    Thanks for all your support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @JustAnotherTrnd
    DUSTY: Wow! Sure glad DOD was able to keep up with Lacey and run and close the gate.
    HURLEY: It's scary, just hearing about the Javelina Gang. That's a scary pic, too, Robbie.
    DUSTY: Stay inside after dark. Don't go out alone, even in daylight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Furiends, we have to be on a leash all the time unless we are in the fenced off-leash park. It is not as nice as my Saturna...but I am meeting lots of cool dogs so that makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness me the desert sounds like a dangerous place for sure! Do be careful and look after each other especially when your Mum is away!

    ReplyDelete