Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Sunday 2 October 2011

And the Days grow short

It sure is looking like Fall out there and the days are getting shorter. DOD lit the stove this morning and Lacey and I curled up on the hearth.

Lacey and I have had a good couple of days. She is being much nicer to DOD! This morning she actually went to his side of the bed for a pet....then she let him stroke her face.....this is a big improvement!
Yesterday we went to Winter Cove park, she was good in the car....and she let DOD hold her leash without fretting that we were leaving Mom behind. Of course every time I think we have made a major breakthrough we have a bit of back-sliding ...but all in all we are moving forward quite quickly now.

We have company arriving on Wednesday and then the whole herd ...including Molly the yappy Schnauzer...for Thanksgiving! I do hope Lacey can handle it....I find it a bit difficult myself. Molly has no teeth but she has mean gums! I have warned Lacey but she says she will straighten Molly out......

I think we are doing more car therapy today....maybe out to East Point.

5 comments:

  1. We commiserate, Robbie- can't stand yappy dog either. It is good that Lacey is finally warming up to DOD- Inka thinks she is figuring out which side her bread is buttered on. We found our first chanterelles yesterday, and they were delicious! Tis the season.
    Inka and Blue will have to spend most of the day home alone on Tuesday, as I have been called in to work. We'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are Inka and Blue outside or inside when you are away? I don't think Mom would dare leave Lacey inside in case she chewed up the whole house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie dear ,its good to hear that Lacey is improving with every day that passes and I hope she will follow your lead with the toothless Schnauzer. Tansy feels she should be able to offer some advice since she and Molly both have Germanic ancestry, she says she finds taking a superior tone and ignoring troublesome dogs usually works........ We will be thinking about you all to-morrow when Lacey goes to "you know who" to have her stitches/ clips removed. Tansy says you can give her greetings to Nigel, he said she was a sweet tempered trusting little dog the last time they met......!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The receptionist says that it will only take 15 mins for Lacey's stitches to be removed. We are hoping this is so...she has had enough to cope with this last while. I will wait in the car for her as I am quite okay. I will make sure that Mom passes on Tansy's greetings to the VET.

    ReplyDelete
  5. having stiches out is a doddle--it's the anticipation that's the hard part. Soon Lacey will have a town trip that isn't a trauma--then hopefully she will forget. Good luck! Oh- and depending on the weather Ink and Blue will be both inside and outside--there is a big deck.And neither are chewers--dont know about barking, tho.

    ReplyDelete