Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Sunday 25 September 2011

Windy Night

We had a very windy night at my house. Pine cones and branches kept hitting the roof and the rain sounded like a train going by at times. I am happy to report that Lacey and DOD slept right through the noise while Mom and I laid awake and worried a bit....still I was up and on the job as usual this morning!

Rachel was telling Mom that her two new dogs fight with each other!  I can't imagine fighting with Lacey. We share toys and food and sleep together (platonic). I think it is because I am a mature dog.

Haydn is coming today...I haven't seen him for such a long time. I wonder what he will have to say about Lacey and what she will have to say about HIM?  She doesn't like men very much....she still will only let DOD pet her when she is in the mood or when he has a treat. I tell  her that he is a good DOD but she says she will make up her own mind when she is good and ready...that is a female for you!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are an admirable dog Robbie, Tansy says very honestly that she too is a mature dog and has had positive experience of living with sisters but she wouldn't guarantee that she wouldn't fight an incomer who sneaked a hungry look at her food diish, or jumped on to her favourite chair, or tried to sit on my lap,or, or, or, see what I mean Robbie. You are a stellar little chap, a very kind dog, in fact a CHAMPION,, Hail Robbie ..........!!! Lucky Lacey and Tansy also says from her store of wisdom that DOD will be accepted as a friend one of these days when Lacey decides......!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here we slept right through the wind. Inka invited Blue to play the other day, and they both raced around like demons. I dug out some old toys, and each has stashed their favorite in their bed!I am so happy that they get along. Inka still goes for a play date once a week, and Blue gets to be the foreman on my construction project.He is really an excellent mature dog, and defers to Inka, as is only right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope that DOD will be accepted soon. In the meantime I give him twice as much affection!
    It is still windy here....it is raining pine needles. DOD is getting cranky about his gutters...

    ReplyDelete