Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Wasps and Shots

A wasp stung Lacey in the leg yesterday ....maybe even more than once!  It was still attached when Lacey hobbled in whimpering. Mom quickly killed the nasty thing but Lacey hurt all day,  and then last night I think she had a flash-back because she got up and hid downstairs (like when she first came) and didn't want to come back to bed.

Tomorrow we are going to the Vet to get our booster shots for travel to the USA.  I don`t like getting needles but I know it has to be done. I wonder how Lacey will take it......maybe she will bite the Vet (BOL)?

DOD is in town getting a new back seat put in his car. He is bringing traveling kennels home for us today to avoid a 'repetition' he says. I have a feeling that this is not going to go over too well!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Lacey, hope she feels better soon. She is a beautiful girl, almost as beautiful as you are handsome....

    and DOD, did he like the toy Shar Pei he was presented with at the Dog Show? WE thought it was a nice gesture......

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOD likes his toy Shar Pei a lot. Lacey hates it though and barks and growls at it....I even tried to take a bite out of it but Mom wouldn't let me.

    And Sam's Mom...I don't think Lacey is anywhere near as cute as ME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tansy says , " Enjoy your day before you have to go to the Vet" We are glad to hear that Lacey didn't suffer any lasting effects of her wasp sting and good luck with the travelling crates. Thinking of you !!!Tansy and M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Tansy and M.E. Lacey learns quickly...well when she wants to! I will show her the right way to behave in a car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inka and Blue hate wasps, too- but they BITE them! They don't seem to suffer any ill-effects, tho.I am glad they protect me, as I am allergic. [not violently, tho, thank dog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were missed at the Dog Show Robbie! And DOD is right when he says it was the best ever!! We are glad he liked the clone of Lacey, even if she didn't.
    DOD does such a great job for the Lions Club! Can you whisper that in his ear for us SR?

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. DUSTY: Crossing our paws that you and Lacey will do fine with the shots, Robbie. HURLEY: You'll like the traveling crates. Nice and cosy for the trip to USA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will tell DOD Kathy...he will like that!

    Dear Dusty and Hurley, I think I will be fine with the crate...I am after all, a mature dog, but Lacey gets a bit freaked. I will try to keep her calm.

    ReplyDelete