Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Sunday 4 September 2011

Lost in Translation

Lacey does not understand English! As a matter of fact she doesn't understand any language and she doesn't know her own name. I guess when dogs are in kennels no one teaches them  'do you want a treat....do you want to go for a walk.....it's bed time'....those sorts of things. And kennel dogs don't get called by name. She still doesn't know that she is Lacey...or who Mom is or DOD. I am trying to translate for her between human and dog languages...

Today is the Dog Show on Saturna. I am staying at home with Mom and Lacey...DOD is emceeing the show. I know my friends Nurse Lorna, Sandi and Kathy will miss me... Reggie will be there hamming it up for the crowd with Pam and Harvey..... show off that he is!  I like the idea of being missed! 

Please send a hot-dog treat home with DOD!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Robbie! Too bad you will miss it---negotiate for extra treats. Blue's latest trick is liking my bare feet--I kind of like it. I thought Inka was fine, but yesterday she ran away to Bonnie's, and today I have to figure out how she got out--all the gates were secure.Blue knows all those commands very well-after all, he is 14!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad for Inka....It is a bit difficult at times to have to share my space and my Mom and DOD with Lacey. Mom gives me lots of love and extra treats but sometimes I miss the 'good old days' of being an only dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Robbie , I am sorry, and so is Tansy, that Lacey isn't quite ready for the confusion of a dog show, time is on her side and she is making great strides, she knows what treats are now and soon she will know that her name is somehow associated with treats.....!! You will get your hot dog, you can count on that Robbie.new sisters are hard work aren't they Robbie....??

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very hard work....only a mature dog can handle these situations!

    ReplyDelete