Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Thursday 8 September 2011

And the good news is....

Lacey behaved very well yesterday!  She was not bad at all in her crate and very good in the Vet's office, she took her examination and shots like a real trooper. Then came the bad news.....she has infected ears and she needs eye surgery!

I was next on the examining table. I don't need to tell you that I behaved like a mature dog! The bad news for me is that I have to have dental surgery.....I don't quite know what is involved but I don't like the sound of it! The Vet said other than that I am in good shape 'for my age'!  The nerve of her.....I am in fantastic shape!

So then the receptionist gave Mom an estimate of the two surgeries and she went pale. DOD staggered and clutched his heart!  We are booked for the 20th of September......an early Xmas present for Mom, just what she wanted!

9 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Oh my goodness, 2 dear dogs needing work done...are you sure the vet just doesn't need a holiday to Mexico or something??? Just kidding with that, I'm sure if the vet says it needs to be done, it needs to be done.

    Yes, I guess that is ALL DOM will be getting for Christmas this year....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear!! Surgery is VERY dear--and not something to look forward to, but worth it. Toothaches are NO fun. And seeing is important too. Condolences.I am so thankful that Inka is healthy and Blue's former owners will take care of future vet bills. So far, so good. Knock wood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surgery is expensive and that is for sure but Mom thinks we are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tansy says that tooth aches and ear aches are not nice and she can't remember the tooth extractions but she can chew hard biscuits, in short Robbie tell Lacey it is unpleasant, you soon forget and you feel better and mom and DOD have to do some accounting manoeuvres. Good luck for Sept 20th.....Happy Christmas to mom and DOD.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear M.E. the Vet's office just called and all my blood work is OK for my teeth being cleaned and extracted. I don't know if Lacey's eye surgery will be painful after it is done but we will have pain killers and lots of TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Robbie, you will have lots of TLC mom will have two patients to care for, wish Tansy and I could help , but you will be fine, Tansy says if you think carefully you can keep the TLC going for days by looking sad and staring at you food,she has it down to a fine art but I suspect your mom is a bit less susceptible than I am, Tansy has me very well in paw.....!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor Robbie...the doggie dentist sounds scary! Take a tip from your pal Boston Jackie, get your Mom to go to Costco and buy a big bag of Denta Sticks. My mom gets the medium size even though I'm a little guy. She breaks them in half... I think she is cheap...but she says it's something to do with flatulence which we Boston's have in spades! I get the Denta Stick every time they leave the house...I can't wait for them to go out!! My vet, Ruth, can't believe my clean little fangs.
    On another topic, maybe Lacey will get to wear a Pirate eye patch, that would be so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom says she will get Denta Stick for me....I am missing Boston Jackie...hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete