Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Monday 22 August 2011

A Rainy Morning

This is the first morning in a long time that I have heard rain on the roof. Lacey has never heard rain on a metal roof before or cones hitting it....she thinks someone is trying to break in!

Lacey has learned to sit on command....I taught  her of course. We have one small glitch in the training....she will only sit when she is on the leash and when she wants a treat! See same behaviour for 'Come' .....hmmmm...I will get mom to consult Dog Training for Dummies again.

Mom had to go out last night and she left Lacey and I with DOD. Lacey was not happy! She dragged me outside and we sat out there until mom came home. I wish I could get Lacey to know that mom always comes home....she will never abandon us!


4 comments:

  1. Inka is glad to hear Lacey is taking direction from a mature dog like you--she can see that you are calm. She had better get used to rain on the roof---this is the wet coast, after all. Just wait til November! In the meantime, she and I hung out outside for awhile drinking in the lovely smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does smell good doesn't it? Almost as good as Otter Poo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robbie I was delighted to hear rain on the roof..! Lacey is doing well under your instruction with mom"s help. Tansy says that Lacey is a wise dog why ever would any selfrespecting dog do all that "come ", "sit ", "down "and "stay" stuff if they didn't get an edible reward ?? Tansy says I can tell you that when she went to dog training school she lay down ,rolled over and waved her feet in the air when she had had enough, she never does sit on command but is good at 'stay ". I can tell you the pair of us were good entertainment value at that class..........!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that I was not a star at obedience either Dear Margaret. I bet I would have been better in your obedience class...what a threesome we would have made!

    Did you see my note on your wall about CC disappearing. Dusty and Hurley think a Fox got him!

    ReplyDelete