Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Sunday 28 August 2011

New Experiences for Lacey

We had a busy day yesterday.

First mom and DOD left us alone in the yard. Now I know the drill but Lacey doesn't get it yet.....she howled and barked when they left.  I told her they always come back but she didn't listen to me. Anyway, they only stayed away for ten minutes and they hid where they could keep an eye on her....today they will do it again for a little longer. I just wish they would take me with them so I don't have to cope with the hysteria...the life of a mature support dog is not easy!

In the afternoon we had a car ride and went to Winter Cove. Lacey was not too bad in the car (I think riding on the chewed seat was a bit traumatic for her) and just acted a little stressed. We had a walk with people around...I told her how to behave with people....just look cute.  She tried but what can I say? I am the cute one!!! And then on the way home we stopped and people stuck their heads in the car...she was cool with that.

She sits when told now even for DOD (if she is getting a treat) and she has learned her name (also if associated with a treat).

That is it for today.

4 comments:

  1. With such a good teacher SR, Lacey is bound to pick up all the nuances of proper behavior very quickly. She is a beautiful looking sister, you sure are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sam's Mom....I am a good teacher although I must admit I was a bit of a slow learner! I just didn't want to sit on command until I was about 2...

    I think Lacey is sort of cute too in a wrinkly way. We are learning to love her and she is starting to love us...it feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sterling big brother you are Robbie,she will catch on eventually and you can take a lot ofthe credit . Tansy says " I see Lacey got the treats business worked out, that didn't take long, clever girl ". True Robbie you are the cute one but I don't see many Shar-pei's around so that makes Lacey special ,she will share attention when she is ready. Mom & DOD will be exhausted by the time they have Lacey trained but two lovely dogs is worth the trouble. I'll catch up on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give Tansy a nose-to-nose from me. I will ask for her advice on Crate training (we are getting one for Lacey next week) and you take care.

    hugs Robbie

    ReplyDelete