Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Saturday 13 August 2011

Lacey

We picked Lacy up yesterday. She lived in a place with 16 other dogs. I think they were well looked after but she doesn't even know her name ...and she has never been on a leash or harness. We had to drive a long way home and she is not used to cars either.....and then the FERRY! By the time the screeching ship's whistle sounded she was a mess.

Then we arrrived home. Well she was overwhelmed with the size of the property and house...she was shaking. She finally hid under the desk in the library and stayed there until bed time. Mom found my old travelling crate and we put her in there for the night....I think she liked it. I gave her one of my toys to keep her company but I could feel she was sad.

This morning wasn't much better. I invited her to play.... I don't think she knows how. I am laid in the library with her right now because even though she has never had a small white dog for a friend I think she will grow to love me.



6 comments:

  1. Poor Lacey---Inka hopes she will feel better soon.She is lucky that she has a good friend like you. Does she like treats? She will feel better in her safe place--sounds like the travelling crate is it for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom has given her a few treats...I like it because she gives me treats too so I don't feel left out :)))))
    I can't wait Inka until she wants to play with me and I can show her where the Otters live!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUSTY: Lacey needed to become a member of your wonderful family, Robbie, you will teach her all about being a happy playful doggie! HURLEY: Zzzzzzzz.... *legs twitching*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dusty and Hurley, I am sure going to try to get her to be happy. I think she will be....mom says it will just take time.
    Send you thoughts and prayers to help her adjust Dear Furiends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SR you are such a good role model, I'm sure Lacey will learn lots from you. Give her lots of love, she will realize soon that she is in a great place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right Nurse Lorna....I am going to share with her and show her so many things. I think she may be a little better tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete