Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Deer

Let me tell you that for a dog who has never been outside the kennel she was born in, Lacey knows how to chase Deer!
DOD left the gate open yesterday and a Doe and two fawns came into our yard....Lacey chased them out faster than a speeding bullet! I mean for a short stocky dog this girl can MOVE! Mom was having hysterics yelling at her to come back ...which she did pretty quick....(Mom does get riled up over things like this)...and she didn't catch the Deer or hurt them or anything like that. All I can say is I am sorry I missed the action, I was in the car with DOD....wow! Can you imagine the two of us...me and Lacey off on a Deer hunt?

Mom told DOD he had better keep the gate closed from now on....she said it like she meant it!  What a spoilsport she can be.



9 comments:

  1. I'm still having fun with the vision of Mom in hysterics....
    Good job though for Lacey, she will earn her keep and keep DOD happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam's Mom...which kennel do you leave Sam in when you go away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inka says--good for her! When chasing deer, you have to teach them the limits of your authority--and establish boundaries. And then come right home to brag.Inka is a little puzzled that we have a new dog, Blue. But he has his own bed, and food, and the treats are equally distributed, so far so good. It's our first full day together at home- Blue is fine with the cat, and today we will go for a walk- with Blue on the leash, of course. He is still watching the road for his other humans, tho.And being very polite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacey says to say Hello to Blue and give him a nose-to-nose tap from her. She knows this is not an easy time for him.
    I am so lucky, my mom and DOD have always come back to me.
    Blue is so lucky to have you and Inka.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We use Puppy Love in Central Saanich. It was recommended by our vet and as kennels go- it seems fine.
    The staff seem nice and they appear to love Sam. No place is as good as home though....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inka and I will be happy when that tail goes up and he waves it like a flag. So far, he is very well behaved, and has passed all the tests, but we can tell he is still waiting for his humans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are thinking of Blue and you and Inka....I am sure he is a grand dog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last night,Inka decided to sleep in Blue's bed--until I kicked her out. What's that about? Mostly, they just ignore each other.But Inka is demanding lots of pats, and games of "Tail". She is a very affectionate dog--must be the lab in her.Blue tolerates pats, but doesn't seek them out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was days and days before Lacey would let mom pet her and she is still leery of DOD! She tolerates him but doesn't initiate any affection.

    Although I am a mature dog it is difficult sometimes to see my mom petting Lacey!

    ReplyDelete