Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Day 5

Lacey slept like a log last night....mom didn't!  she laid awake waiting for Lacey to not sleep like a log!!

Yesterday Lacey went for a couple of walks with mom and I. She likes walking as long as she does not see anyone she doesn't know. Unfortunately, we ran into a couple of cyclists and she freaked out!! We also went down to our dock. The ramp down to the dock is part metal grid and part wood. I hate the metal grid part, you can see right through it to the water and the metal holes feel weird. Lacey didn't bat an eyelash she went right onto it and down to the dock. I was impressed! I was all ready to say 'watch me...this is how to do it' (it took me many tries) but she showed me!  I think there is hope for her...she is not a wuss exept about people.

 And is if that wasn't enough for one day...Lacey learned to come into the living room. She has not been allowed to wander around a house before and it was a big step. She acts like we are going to tell her to go back into her room...but we don't. Now I do have to admit that I snapped at her yesterday...she hadn't really done anything wrong, I just wanted to let her know that I am the boss.

She still doesn't like DOD and it is making him peevish. 

Tomorrow is another day.



3 comments:

  1. Inka says there are reasons for everything. Lacey probably remembers a bad experience with a man. Inka had a problem with boys in baseball caps when she first came--but as she became more confident, she overcame it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sounds like things are getting better. Tell DOD that Sam was afraid of men in baseball hats when he came to live with us- some sad memory there I think, but now he loves everyone equally.
    Your stories are reminding me of what it was like when Sam came to live with us....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't strange that both Sam and Inka were afraid of baseball caps??

    ReplyDelete