Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Friday 24 June 2011

Wind

Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you;
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.

Christina Rossetti

The wind is blowing in the tree tops at the Salamander pond. It is a singing sort of wind and the tall trees like the song and rustle and sway to the music.

We have a lot of different winds on Saturna. We have a north wind that blows cold and strong. The ocean is grey and hard when the north wind blows and we light the stove and say we are glad that we are inside where it is warm and cosy. We have a westerly wind that blows right at our house ...the house creaks and listens as the wind moans and whistles down the chimney. We have a South wind that is fun loving..it twirls leaves on trees and throws pine cones and needles into the roof gutters....and makes whitecaps dance on the ocean waves. Some days the wind is light and warm...it ruffles my fur and brings wonderful scents from far away places. Sometimes the wind is mean and cranky.....on those days it drives the rain at our windows and tries to get in.....we never open the door and invite it in. Mom says 'close the door and keep the wind out' We do invite the light summer breeze in though....Mom says....'Let the breeze' in ....and we open windows especially at night and the wind comes in quietly and blows softly on my face so I can go to sleep. . I think it depends on wind manners as to whether it gets invited into our house or not!

There are winds that blow you backwards and winds that blow you sideways and forwards. but I like the snow wind best.....it brings millions of pretty dancing snowflakes from the sky....I catch them on my tongue and they disappear.

Even though I have never seen the wind I like it in my world. Do you have different winds where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment