Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Saturday 18 June 2011

Foxgloves

The foxgloves on my farm are growing like the beanstalk in Jack And The Beanstalk. I like the story of Jack...he was a very poor boy who sold his mother's cow for beans instead of money. Of course his mom was angry with him...but the beans were magic beans and they sprouted and grew to the sky.  Jack climbed all the way to the top of the beanstalk and found a beautiful country ruled by a wicked giant.  He defeated the giant...got all the gold and the beautiful Princess and he and his mom lived happily ever after.
I think my foxgloves are magic foxgloves and they are going to reach the sky ..... I want to climb up to the top of them and find a beautiful fairy kingdom filled with flowers and fields and ponds...where it will be sunny every day. All my dog and human friends will live there (maybe even a few cats)!

You know what? except for the 'sunny every day' bit, it sounds like where I live now!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post, Robbie--it reminds me of my childhood on Galiano when I lived outdoors and in my imagination---no TV, just books, and the wonder of endless summer outdoors with the foxgloves and the goats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagination is so important isn't it? I hope that mom's will read my blog to their kids and help them to see the world beyond TV and computers.

    I am happy that you liked my post.

    ReplyDelete