Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Monday 19 November 2012

Goodbye to a friend

We huddled together for a paw-circle in the blazing heat. We all agreed that nogarD was too young and that we would not let him get married no matter what.  We also agreed that we didn't have a clue what to do about Femme!  Hurley bravely offered to step in in nogarD's place but Dusty said 'no way, Bro'....'you are not going to get involved with that floozie, Scribe will kill us both'!  Good Point, Dusty.

What now?

We sang a hymn and we thought and thought. We got hotter and hotter.

I started this entry several days ago and got side-tracked with visitors and other things. In the meantime, Dusty left us and went to the Rainbow Bridge...what a shock for us ...he was old but he seemed invincible to me. I talked to Scribe and she told me he was tired and  ready to go. I howled at the loss of my friend.

We had a celebration of life for him and sang all of his favourite hymns and told stories of his kind and wise personality. How I/we will miss him.

Will we be able to talk to him across the Rainbow Bridge? Do we have to wait until we join him to see him again?  I don't have the answers to these questions. Do you?

Should we carry on with a smaller gang or should we recruit another member?

I put nogarD on 'pause' while we ponder these important questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment