Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Saturday 11 February 2012

Meeting New Friends

Yesterday was a day for making new friends in our neighbourhood. First we went to the park and met Katie and Midge, who I already know...they are a nice couple of girls...but you know, I have enough girl company at home with Lacey!

I am in desperate need of a 'guy' fix! So we went home and I thought that was it for the day.....But just before dark a whole bunch of owners and their dogs were out in the field by our gate. I went mad, barking and carrying on...asking Mom if I could please go out and play with them....and you know what??  She opened the gate and let me run down to join the gang!! Oh what joy....they were real Dudes, all five of them. We all sniffed and wagged and did guy stuff. I had to put up with Lacey barking hysterically from the gate that I was going to get mugged (they were all big fellows) and rumbled and torn to pieces...but I pretended I didn't know her when they asked who the heck was making all the ruckus!

I also pretended I didn't hear Mom and DOD calling for me to come back. DOD finally came and got me and carried me home. How humiliating in front of my big friends....I have thought it through though and next time I will stroll back when they call in order to avoid a re-occurrence....


2 comments:

  1. Inka knows how important it is to hang out with your friends--when she comes back from Bonnie's she's always exhausted from tearing around . The best days are when they get to gallop through the meadow together and swim in the pond. And sometimes she doesn't want to come, either. Must admit I am often a little hurt when this happens. I wonder what Tansy thinks of all this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dude!Tansy thinks you are one lucky guy, she would love to hang out with macho guys like that, it would give her ego a boost and she thinks they were probably a bit envious when DOD picked you up because they never get picked up and cuddled, Tansy'''s local friend is a large male whippet called Eddie and she says he is very jealous of all the cuddles she gets. We are both glad to hear that you had so much fun with your local amigos.

    ReplyDelete