Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Saturday 25 February 2012

Ghost Town

We all slept well and had no nocturnal disturbances. I woke early and Lacey and I knocked on Dusty and Hurley's compartment and then on Margaret and Tansy's. We were all decked out in Adventure Clothing (Tilly stuff that was in laid out for us in our compartments) and we headed back to the dining car for breakfast . Margaret was served kippers (as requested) with kedgeree and sherried kidneys. Lacey ordered ham and scrambled eggs with a side of kibble...I got an omelet with puparoni...Dusty and Hurley were served steak tartar with cheese and bacon ...and Tansy chicken A'La Queen with Dentabone on the side. The same invisible server as we had last night delivered our food and took our dishes away. I wanted to take him/her/It home to Mom...she needs someone like this at our house!

So, after breakfast we sat around and wondered what this trip was all about. We speculated on the meaning of Life and what our reason for being was all about....difficult to do after a heavy breakfast.
Then a  deep voice came over the loudspeaker....'the next stop is yours...mind the gap'. Wow.

We rushed and packed our bags and got ready to disembark. Where are we? What will we do when we get to where we are going?

The train came to a halt...we all got off and looked around....we are definitely in a ghost town. Wow! I guess that is okay ...it is reasonable to get to a ghost town from a ghost train...cool. But, are we in this time or that?

We start walking down the dusty road into town....it is Sunday, February 26th  in the year of our Lord 2012. I hope! We all sing as we walk into this unknown place...

I pray you’ll be our eyes, and watch us where we go.
And help us to be wise in times when we don’t know.
Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way.
Lead us to a place, guide us with your grace
To a place where we’ll be safe.



2 comments:

  1. I was telling Inka and Blue about your adventures--they were especially interested in your breakfast. They were jealous, so I placated them with bits of chicken. They can never understand when I toss the bones in the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that gourmet dining myself...I bet we are back to kibble now!

    ReplyDelete