Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Monday 14 November 2011

Coyote

A nice big dog came to our back gate. I of course barked out a wild welcome as I do with all dogs....then Mom ran out and shrieked at me ' IT IS A COYOTE, YOU DINGBAT'. WOW!  I mean, even though I am a mature dog I have not had a lot of exposure to the different kinds of animals out here!! Don't you think Mom and DOD should have had a desert debriefing for both me and Lacey...or at least shown us a photo of what a Coyote looks like? I consider this very negligent on their part!!!

I actually told Mom that I was telling the Coyote where to go but I don't think she believed me!!!

4 comments:

  1. O Robbie, that is scary. Inka a nd Blue think you should come home. The sun is shining! REALLY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Robbie, Tansy and I both agree with you that you and Lacey needed "How to live in the Desert ' lessons a sort of preparation for your desert adventure, although Tansy does say " Its not really smart ". in her opinion " to bark at big dogs until you are sure that they are not looking at you as a possible delicacy for Breakfast " If you were telling the Coyote where to get off its always wise to have back-up little white whiskers. Please try for mom's sake to only have gentle ,safe adventures. Have fun and read, mark, learn and inwardly digest all your new experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Friends, Raymond sent me a link on Coyotes and how to deal with them. They will not usually attack a dog in the company of a human...so from now on I am sending Mom out in front as bait! I will keep you informed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @justanothertrnd said...
    DUSTY: Wow, DOD's Birthday... a rainy desert Sunday... and now a Coyote. Sounds exciting, Robbie.
    HURLEY: I would be terrified of a Coyote. Be careful, you and Lacey.

    ReplyDelete