Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Thursday 1 September 2011

We Survived

Mom left us with DOD yesterday. She was gone for 7 long hours at one of her fun meetings! Of course I am a mature dog and I know full well that mom always comes home but Lacey was stressed. DOD took us for a walk and even remembered to feed us...we were happy about that.

Before mom left the last thing she said to DOD was 'Do not lock the dogs in the house if you go outside'!!! She had barely been gone an hour when he went out to work in the yard slamming the door behind him. Lacey was a bit freaked...she eyed the sofa cushions longingly and told me a few bites would ease her anxiety....  but I calmed her down and we both waited for him to come back. 

He owes me BIG!

6 comments:

  1. I'm smiling SR, cause the same thing always happens at our house!
    I'm glad your Mom made it home safe and sound....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue had a trauma today--I was cooking lunch, the smoke alarm went off, and he freaked right out! He was shaking so hard he could barely stand. I gave him a big hug and held him for a long time, but it was at least 20 minutes before he stopped shaking and accepted a treat. Have to make sure THAT doesn't happen again! He seems okay now, though. Inka still tries to sneak into his bed when I'm not looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Poor Blue... give him a hug from me. I hate smoke alarms too...and heaven only knows what Lacey will do if she hears one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie you are really doing well with Lacey, I t was probably your happy little presence that prevented her from tearing up cushions. You are right' DOD owes you.... !!!!! Oh Blue those smoke alarms are so scary I'm glad you had a good cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did have to caution her as to unacceptable behaviour! luckily she listened to me..
    Let us send a paw circle of love to Blue...

    ReplyDelete