Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Saturday 17 September 2011

Running in the Meadow

We did some new things yesterday! Me, Mom and Lacey went for our usual walk but we stopped in the meadows for a while. Lacey wanted to run and play and she couldn't get far on her leash...so Mom let her off!!  We had a bit of a worry when she charged straight for the bush! Mom said, 'well that wasn't the brightest thing I ever did'!...but then, Lacey rushed right back and ran around being totally happy. And best of all, she came when Mom called and had her leash put back on. We were happy!

Oh yes, I almost forgot, while Lacey was off the leash I had to do my official job of chasing Deer....Mom told Lacey to sit and gave her a treat and she didn't run after me. Mom seemed to think that was the right way to behave, I am not too sure about that.

And one last thing, we had company in for dinner last night and Mom made my favourite baked chicken spaghetti. I always get left-overs...so Mom gave some to both Lacey and myself...and Lacey didn't like it! Can you imagine?   I ate BOTH...what a treat. I like Lacey more every day.

6 comments:

  1. Coming when you are called is a HUGE step in the right direction! Blue always comes [if not immediately], so he gets to go outside the fence when I am working in the yard. Inka doesn't like this, because she often takes off to Bonnie's, where all her buddies are, so she has to stay on the deck.Blue passed his vet exam with flying colours--no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more like Blue....I like to finish the job at hand before I respond to Mom. She of course, wants me to jump to attention....I try to be patient with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am inspired by your post- now that it's stopped raining, think it's time for a run in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie dear , you are comfortably predictable and Tansy agrees that you are a dog's dog always ready to pick up where another dog left off and to love her for it, but watch out Tansy says Lacey might grow to enjoy chicken spaghetti.......... How pleased mom must be that Lacey is responding and you too, mom,s right lacey doesn't need to chase deer, what about otters? Tansy says Whoopee to that but does Lacey like water,she might jump in after the otters , not such a good idea,........!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lacey hasn't seen an Otter yet or a Raccoon. She doesn't seem to like water at all, which is okay with me...I don't like it either!

    ReplyDelete