Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Thursday 30 June 2011

Witches (2)

Mom and I went back into the forest this afternoon. It was not quite as windy as yesterday and not quite as scary! We talked about the Wizard of Oz as we walked and I told mom I felt like the Cowardly Lion.....

Cowardly Lion: All right, I'll go in there for Dorothy (mom). Wicked Witch or no Wicked Witch, guards or no guards, I'll tear them apart. I may not come out alive, but I'm going in there. There's only one thing I want you fellows to do.
Tin Woodsman, Scarecrow: What's that?
Cowardly Lion: Talk me out of it!



Mom did not talk me out of it so deep into the woods we went to places we have never been before.

There were moss monsters everywhere! The forest was dark and still. I heard a growl! Dear heavens whose idea was this?

 I tried to chat with a moss monster but they are not very friendly...how I wished that Tansy and Margaret were with us. I think it always less scary when there are more of you!
An alligator moss monster barred the path ...I knew then we were getting close to the Witches house. Mom and I sang songs to keep up our courage....'Follow the Yellow Brick Road...  Follow the Yellow Brick Road'. It didn't help much, I still felt scared.




We plunged on deeper and deeper into the woods....and suddenly there it was!!


The Witches House.....!!
No ginger bread like in 
Hansel and Gretel...no black cat or bats flying around. I told mom to wait for me ...I took a deep breath and started down the path my four short legs trembling.

Cowardly Lion: Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage! What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot? What have they got that I ain't got?
Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Woodsman: Courage!
Cowardly Lion: You can say that again! Huh?

Do I have the courage I need to get our summer back??  ....to be continued.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Robbie, you are so brave! We are counting on you to bring back summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I will try to do it tomorrow....right after Lamb BBQ I am back on the job. Wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could distract her with Spanish Rice, sneak in and rescue summer while she chows down. Just a thought.Love, Inka.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will let you know asap what is happening. thanks for the good tips Inka!

    ReplyDelete