Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Monday 30 May 2011

Ferry

Our little ferry, the Mayne Queen is an old very small ferry. She has been sailing these waters far longer than I have been alive. The Big ferries have restaurants and gift shops and observation decks. Our little ferry does not even have coffee or a sandwich....it has only seats where all the local Islanders can sit and gossip on their way into town. Dogs are not allowed upstairs!

mom says it is odd how, in the worst storms of winter, it is the big ferries which are cancelled at the drop of a hat..as if they are too afraid of a bit of wind....while our little brave ferry comes chugging along through the waves to take us into town....it is so reliable!

I like going on the ferry even though I have to stay in the car and I can't pee for hours!
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment