Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Thursday 25 August 2011

Insurance!

Things are much improved at my house today. DOD found out his insurance covers leather seats so he is off into town today to get an estimate on replacing them....phew! He says that Lacey is still on probation but at least he has quit looking like he wants to strangle her!

Now that crisis is over maybe we can deal with her problem of growling and barking in the night!  Don't get me wrong, I think she is a great watchdog ...but holy Hanna she lets us know of every little sound with a deep, looooong growl. And if she thinks we have not heard that, follows it with a bark to be sure to wake us.  Now I have learned over the years it is not a good thing to wake mom before daylight! I won't tell you that I have always followed my own advice...but only in an emergency do I go mad in the middle of the night... and only where I think the Otters are storming the house.

I heard mom tell DOD this morning that she is starting to look like Lacey.....he nodded!!

6 comments:

  1. putting her in a crate, or even an x-pen with a radio on for her at night might help. the crate, if shes crate trained will help her feel secure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her crate is on its way to us Jack's mom. Getting her into it will be our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just calmly and firmly put her in. period.
    ( make sure her blanket is in there)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jack's mom you are a toughie! How long should we keep her in on a trial run?

    ReplyDelete
  5. see how she dose..
    has she been in a kennle befor?
    let her sniff inside for a bit first.. leave door open put her blanket in.
    standard rule of thumb... if shes quiet let her out after 15 or so minuts.. dont make a fuss..
    just let her out like you put her in.. no fuss. dont let her out if she is whinning.. it will be ok. its her
    safe place, not a punnishment place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jack's mum....we will follow your advice!

    ReplyDelete