Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Sunday 3 July 2011

norgarD

nogarD
Mom and I are at the Salamander pond. A Doe is watching us and I am pretending I don't see her on the other side of the Pond......it is easier that way.

What I really want to talk about is the quickly dropping water levels. nogarD is getting quite worried that his muddy home will end up on dry land and he can't survive without water! Where is all the water going?

We must make a plan nogarD and I. He doesn't want to go into the ocean, he says it is far too big and scary for a Dragon kid. And besides it is salty and he doesn't like that either. There are no Salamander friends in the ocean and Deer do not come to visit and lie quietly in the grass. So what to do?

We have other ponds on the farm but they are smaller and already they too are looking dry. We do not have creeks or rivers.....besides I think nogarD would be swept out to Sea if the water was running too quickly.
I Am thinking and thinking....norgarD is thinking too (he thinks very noisily with growls and roars).

I have it!!! I will take him home and put in the downstairs bath tub! I am sure mom won't mind.....

2 comments:

  1. Have you considered Lake Money?A bathtub would work temporarily, but there are no deer or salamanders. I used to have a dragon--her name was Elvira and she lived in my greenhouse. Sometimes she would swim in the bathtub--but sometimes she would poop, and that's not good.Inka thinks a lake would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Money Lake is the water supply for the Valley1 I think someone would capture nogarD and give him to the Parks people to re-locate! I will keep trying to find a place....

    ReplyDelete