Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Daffodil Meadow

I love Daffodil meadow. It is the best place for rolling on the Farm!
In spring time the meadow is filled with daffodils planted by a stranger to me a long time ago. Without any care or attention the bright yellow flowers come up every year and sing to us that spring has come again.

There is a pond in daffodil meadow but it is not a Salamander pond, even though Kieran once brought a bucketful of salamanders from the big pond and turned them loose, they did not like this pond and I have never seen them again. The pond has a winter creek and I think the Salamanders went on a journey down the creek looking for adventures. I bet they sang Salamander songs as they all trooped off together.

In the summer time the grasses are long and the tops of the grasses are purple, they wave in the breeze like the ocean. Buttercups, daisies and clover and little pink and blue flowers make the meadow bright and cheerful. Birds are friendly, particularly the cheeky Robins that only hop away when I chase them and then stop and look at me. Bees are not so friendly some times and both me and mom got stung last year!

I am so lucky to have Daffodil Meadow to roll in.

No comments:

Post a Comment