Pages


me, Saturna Robbie

Sunday 26 June 2011

A Bumblebee Funeral for Mirree

I found him in the grass. I checked to be sure he was dead because even though Bumblebees are not mean like wasps you never know if they might sting! He was dead. He looked so peaceful laying next to the buttercups and I felt sad that never again would he be whirring around my head and chatting with me in that rapid, buzzing bee talk.

I think when you feel sad about losing something or someone it is good to have a celebration of the good things that you have enjoyed with them. And so I decided to have a funeral for my friend  Bumblebee.

I found a little box and mom helped me fill it with flowers from the meadow. I put Bumblebee gently on top of the flowers and covered him in a special Blankie of Buttercups and Daisies.....then mom helped me to carry him to the pond in Daffodil meadow. We pushed the little funeral boat into the water and watched the wind blow it toward the creek. And then off the little boat rushed, twirling and dancing toward the ocean....

I know there is a heaven for all creatures great and small....we will meet our friends and loved ones there.

No comments:

Post a Comment